As a follow up from the eeBDM workshop which will take place within the CIB W78 conference at Sophia Antipolis on the 27th of October, the REViSITE EU project (Roadmap Enabling Vision and Strategy for ICT-enabled Energy Efficiency) http://www.revisite.eu is organising a half a day workshop to explore in more depth the main gaps and barriers to interoperability within the built environment and to determine the basis for the development of a roadmap for the European Commission to identify key standards, taking into consideration key standardisation bodies, and to develop standardisation proposals to overcome these barriers. The workshop will include among its participants invited key speakers from the eeBDM workshop in addition to an expert group working with the REViSITE consortium, and will be moderated by the REViSITE partners with the support of DGINFSO from the European Commission. Preliminary data collection will take place prior to the workshop via a survey on interoperability priorities within eeBDM online and on the previous day with the wide audience of experts attending the eeBDM workshop.
Having identified high level semantic issues, from ontologies to SOAP, middleware and messaging, a structured discussion will take place during the workshop taking into account existing standardisation initiatives and international industrial proposals, the acceptability to the main market players, the necessity for a consensus building period among the research community and other stakeholders, then the practical launching within the work plan of candidate standardisation organisations (e.g. BuildingSmart, OASIS, ETSI, etc.). The initial results of the survey will be discussed and validated together with the main components of the REViSITE roadmap related to interoperability issues.
It is expected that the outcome of this workshop will complement those of the eeBDM workshop on the previous day and will constitute an important step forward towards standards in Energy Efficiency that can be agreed by industry, market players and public authorities and boost the interoperability of the Energy Efficiency IT applications and tools.
- REViSITE Workshop on “ICT for Energy Efficiency: Cross–sectoral Interoperability”
- REViSITE releases its initial Strategic Research Agenda (SRA)
- REViSITE launches online questionnaire on its Strategic Research Agenda
- REViSITE and Commission Workshops at the CIB W78 Conference in Sophia Antipolos, October 2011
- REViSITE on “Global Conference on Sustainable Manufacturing”
- REViSITE Workshop on Interoperability for more Energy Efficiency on 28/10/2011 Sophia Antipolis
- REViSITE will be at ‘ICT for Sustainable Homes’
- REViSITE ITU ‘Green Standard Week’
- REViSITE participation at the ‘ITU Green Standards Week’
- An important step for exploring cross-relationships amongst different views of energy efficiency: outcomes from EUSEW 2011 (April 2011)