The ITU Standards Week will be held in Rome, Italy from September 5th to the 9th. The event, is supported by the EC and organized by the International Telecommunication Union together with Telecom Spa, and will bring together leading specialists in the field, from top policy-makers to engineers, designers, planners, government officials, regulators, standards experts and others.
Representing REViSITE will be Keith Ellis (INTEL) and Antonio Feraco (INNOVA).
REViSITE involvement centers on two objectives:
1. Dissemination of the importance, the objectives and results of REViSITE and in that regard Keith Ellis will address session 1: Energy Efficiency – Carbon Reduction: Unlocking the Energy Efficiency Potential Using ICTs, on the afternoon of the 6th
2. Enlargement of the REViSITE Community by inviting / involving standards experts in future project activities, which will be the focus of Antonio Feraco.
The first three days of the ITU Conference will focus on the following topics:
• September 5th: Workshop on ‘Methodologies for Environmental Impact Assessment of ICT’ will examine work underway to measure the impact of ICTs on climate change and how to standardize the way to calculate the reduction of GHG that ICTs have. This Workshop will be jointly organized by ITU and the European Commission.
• September 6th: ‘High Level Segment’ will provide Ministers and senior representatives from the ICT industry with an opportunity to exchange views on how ICTs can help in the implementation of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in the run-up to Durban (COP-17), and
• September 6th – 8th: Workshop on ‘Moving to a Green Economy through ICT Standards’ will explore how ICTs can help to address climate change, promote energy efficiency and build a green economy, shedding light on standards, policies and best practices. This Workshop will be jointly organized by ITU and Telecom Italia.
The ITU Green Standards Week represents a valuable opportunity to engage with a pool of prominent and relevant experts in terms of REViSITE community development, activities and outcomes.